Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Are My Inspiration__________

One of my all time favorite movies is the 1959 movie, "Pillow Talk" with Doris Day and Rock Hudson. Jan Morrow (Day) is an interior decorator and shares a party line with Brad Allen (Hudson) who is a musician/playboy. I don't want to give too much information so that if you watch the movie, the plot won't be spoiled, but one of my favorite parts of the movie is when Jan re-decorates Brad's apartment.


As you can see, it's a Moroccan theme...gone wrong.


My favorite part of the space is the the use of bright colors and textures. Although this is pretty much one of the tackiest interiors I have seen, I think it does have potential. I also love how it kind of feels Moulin Rouge-esque. However, I would definitely get rid of the moose head, as well as the Pepto Bismol pink piano and the nude statues by the stairs.


What's interesting is that some of the aspects in the apartment are actually seen today in interiors. So does that mean the phrase, "out with the old and in with the new" needs to be changed? What is really considered new in design?

No comments:

Post a Comment