Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Look Better Naked"

As many of you know, I have started my weight loss journey this week. This means saying goodbye to the sofa and hello to the gym. Like many people, I personally hate going to the gym, until I saw this design. The David Barton Gym in New York was recently opened, thanks
to Studio Sofield and Gensler. The
gym looks more like a hip night
club thanks to the use
of unique lighting, bright/bold colors, unique textiles
and accessories, and even a disco ball DJ booth. This building is 37,000 sq. ft. and is four
levels. As William Sofield says, "So many other gyms are about fluorescents and Clorox" and I personally believe he has set his gyms away from that stereotype. I would definitely want to work out at this gym because I personally feel like I could workout while getting my groove on!

To read the article about the David Barton Gym and view more images of the space, visit:

1 comment:

  1. I saw this article and stared at the photos for quite a while. I think its really great that design has really hit the places we try to use.just think maybe it will change our attitudes about the gym!

    ReplyDelete